Feedback on the proposed INSPIRE PS XSD and INSPIRE PS technical guidelines version 3.2
The feedback is collected in the EEA project "CDDA in conformity with INSPIRE" providing data transformation of the European data sets Common database on Designated Areas (CDDA) based on the INSPIRE Protected sites Simple application schema. The project found several issues.
Some of the findings are directly related to the INSPIRE PS XSD, but several others are related to the INSPIRE PS technical guidelines which might lead to the update of the schema, too. The issues shall be corrected at several places (guidelines, registry, XSD).
The issues found are:
- Missing code list EmeraldNetworkValue in INSPIRE PS Simple application schema (UML)
- Missing code list EmeraldNetworkValue in INSPIRE code list registry
- Wrong extensibility of the code list DesignationValue
- Wrong name of the code: ProtectedLanscapeOrSeascape should be protectedLanscapeOrSeascape
- Attribute percentageUnderDesignation: Wrong attribute type in XSD - percentageUnderDesignation in XSD has different type from what is defined in INSPIRE PS technical guidelines
- Attribute percentageUnderDesignation: ambiguity in the implementation of attribute percentageUnderDesignation if the value for this attribute is not known or not available
- Different inspire identifier attribute in Annex I and Annex II and III (ps:inspireID vs. ef:inspireId)
- Attribute type DateTime should be changed to Date for attribute legalFoundationDate
- Update INSPIRE PS technical guidelines (editorial)
RE: Feedback on the proposed INSPIRE PS XSD and INSPIRE PS technical guidelines version 3.2 - Added by Michael Lutz almost 6 years ago
Thanks for the feedback.
- The EmeraldNetworkValue code list is not included in the INSPIRE PS Simple application schema (UML) and also not in the IRs. If you consider this an error (e.g. because there is a value "emeraldNetwork" in the DesignationSchemeValue), this would need to be changed in the TGs and IRs.
- The EmeraldNetworkValue is not (yet) included in the INSPIRE code list registry, because this so far only includes code lists and values included in the IRs. In the next release, also the TG code lists and values will be included.
- The extensibility of the code list DesignationValue has been corrected in the INSPIRE registry.
- The value ProtectedLandscapeOrSeascape should indeed start with a lower case, but it is written with an upper case P in the IRs, so it would need to be corrected there.
- The problems with percentageUnderDesignation is caused by the fact that the type Percentage is not defined in the IRs. This would need to be corrected. In the schema the type could be simply an xs:int.
- The naming of ps:inspireID is caused by the fact that the attribute is called inspireID in the IRs. This would need to be corrected there.
- Also a change of the type of the attribute legalFoundationDate would need to be done in the IR first.
All proposed changes to TGs and IRs should be discussed in the Thematic Clusters and eventually proposed as formal change proposals. Changes to the IRs would require amendments or corrigenda to the Regulation.