MIWP-7: Extension of Download Service TG for observation, coverage and tabular data
|Status:||Closed||Start date:||01 Dec 2014|
|Priority:||Normal||Due date:||31 Dec 2015|
|Assignee:||Michael Lutz||% Done:|
The current TG for download services are based on WFS 2.0 for direct access download services. This option may be inappropriate for direct download services for observation, coverage and tabular data.
Proposed change or action:
Investigate need and feasibility of extending the TG with Direct access services based on SOS (Sensor Observation Service (SOS), Web Coverage Service (WCS) and TJS (Table Join Service) standards
The activities of the sub-group should be divided in the following aspects:
- 7a: SOS: The ARE3NA ISA action is launching a study on a SOS-based direct access download service, which will
- make recommendations for updating the Download service TG for observation data
- test the feasibility through a prototype implementation
- 7b: WCS
- 7c: TJS
Organise a workshop to define the requirements and scope for a potential update of the TG for download services (covering SOS, WCS and TJS).
Potentially updated Download service TG (depending on outcomes of the workshop / study)
#2 Updated by Michael Lutz over 5 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from Submitted to Work in progress
- Start date changed from 10 Mar 2014 to 01 Jan 2014
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
- This task is documented on the Download services TG wiki
- Task 7a (SOS-based download services)
- Work has started through the ARE3NA SOS study.
- Intermediate results of the study were presented at a workshop on 8 April 2014
- The main outcomes of the study are a proposal to update the NS TGs with sections on SOS-based download services, together with an open source SOS implementation meeting the INSPIRE NS requirements.
- Terms of reference for a temporary MIG sub-group have been developed (#2161). The work of the sub-group is planned to start in September 2014.
- Task 7b (WCS-based download services)
- A workshop with WCS and coverage experts is planned for 14-15 October to present experiences with WCS-based delivery of INSPIRE data and discuss the scope and planning for task 7b.
- Task 7c (TJS-based download services)
- No MIG activities have been planned for this sub-task yet. However, there are a number of experiments and implementation experiences in MS. Some of these were presented at the 2014 INSPIRE conference.