MIWP-20: Improved guidelines for harmonised layer names
|Status:||Proposed||Start date:||01 Jul 2014|
|Priority:||Normal||Due date:||01 Jul 2015|
|Assignee:||Benoit David||% Done:|
|Estimated time:||40.00 hours|
Issue:The rules defining harmonized names and titles of layers are difficult to implement. Examples of difficulties include:
- layers corresponding to generic UML concepts such as EF.EnvironmentMonitoringFacilities
- layers corresponding to different versions in time of a data set
- layers corresponding to different scales of representation
- layers produced in different organizational contexts
Proposed change or action:
In France, several proposals have already been developed to solve these difficulties. For example, the name of the layers could start by the proposed harmonized name but the rest of the name could be free.
Common solution to these difficulties should be developed.
Establish a MIG sub-group to address the issue.
Change proposals for updating the data specifications – Technical Guidelines
#5 Updated by Benoit David over 4 years ago
- Due date set to 01 Jul 2015
- Start date set to 01 Jul 2014
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Estimated time set to 40.00
- An issue [[https://ies-svn.jrc.ec.europa.eu/issues/2172]] has been written in the Redmine.
- There are not yet any formal MIG activities for this task.