[Re3gistry support] Some questions on the Re3gistry software
|Status:||New||Start date:||09 Dec 2015|
- Once the software is installed, after starting Tomcat and trying to enter the application (for example http://localhost:8080/Re3gistry-1.1), it shows a generic error. This error happens because it doesn’t find the file for language translations (in our case, Spanish). The error is resolved by making a copy of the files “LocalizationBundle_en.properties” and changing its name by “LocalizationBundle_es.properties”. After that, the files can be edited and the labels translated into Spanish. These files are located in the following directories:
- Once the login is done in the ECAS system, it redirects to the Central Registry of INSPIRE instead of redirecting to the local installation of Re3gistry. To fix this, we must edit the file “ecas-config.properties” located in “Re3gistry-1.1/WEB-INF/classes/” and change the value of the properties “serverName” and “serverPort”.
- The file “ExampleTestFile.zip” included in the distribution .zip from the version 1.1. of Re3gistry showed an import error due to a validation csv format. Then, the one included in version 1.0 was used.
- When importing the file with examples of registers ("ExampleTestFile.zip"), the system shows errors to process terms in Greek (el), Czech (cs), Slovak (sk), Latvian (lv), Bulgarian (bg), Slovenian (sl) and Croatian (hr). The problem seems to be due to character encoding when exporting the registers in html for the publication. A deeper analysis of the situation should be done to see if this problem is due to the operating system, the Java version, the processing bookstores or the software implementation. For the moment, the mistake was solved by deleting these languages from the tables “localization” and “languagecode” of the database, as well as from the csv of “ExampleTestFile.zip”
- The files generated by importing the registers take as a starting point the URI defined in the corresponding attributes of the tables "register" and "registry" of the database. In the provided scripts to initialize the database, this value is http://localhost. If you want to use another URL, this information must be changed
- In the administration interface, “Deploy” option copies the generated files to the correct location on the server to be accessible via the Internet. For the proper operation of this button, it is necessary to edit the scripts located in Re3gistry-1.1/WEB-INF/classes/scripts/Re3gistryDeployer/” (“linux-deploy.sh” in case of Linux, “windows-deploy.bat” in case of Windows) so that they use the correct paths. Note: The option “/u” in the file “windows-deploy.bat” seems to be incorrect, because it limits the behavior of the "xcopy" command and only those files already located in the target directory can be copied
#1 Updated by Daniele Francioli almost 4 years ago
- The documentation related to the localization of the registry software is available here. The error at startup happends because the browser is requesting a language which is not available.
- The ECAS redirect flag was a problem of default value in the configuration file. It has been resolved in the release 1.1.1.
- The Zip problem has been resolved in release 1.1.1.
- The error related to the import errors and some of the languages is related to the Java config / encoding. The UTF8 encoding should be used.
- The documentation related to the URI of the init DB files and the customization of the system can be found here.
- The deploy script is an example .sh or .bat script that can be customized according to OS, servers folder and custom user needs. More information related to the deployer are available here.