Register federation testbed #1
|Status:||Work in progress||Start date:||08 Feb 2016|
|Priority:||Normal||Due date:||07 Mar 2016|
|Assignee:||Michael Lutz||% Done:|
|Proposed change or action:|
In the MIWP-6 meeting on 8/2/2016, it was agreed to test the current proposals for the exchange formats in a small testbed until the next meeting in early March.
The following action were proposed:
- JRC to finalise the specifications / requirements to be met by registry/register providers (see also the conformance classes drafted in the Register federation guidelines
- Register providers to implement exchange files for several registers/code lists as well as a registry descriptor listing these registers
- Volunteers: Heidi (LandCoverClassValue and BuildingNatureValue extensions from ELF), Christian/Michael N (LandCoverClassValue and possibly other extensions from the EEA), Chris/Kathi (LandCoverClassValue from UBA AT)
- Michael L will ask the GeoSmartCity project to provide their BuildingNatureValue extension
- JRC to implement the upload and harvesting functionality in the RoR
- Register providers to test the upload and harvesting functionality in the RoR
Please use this issue to report on the progress of your tasks and to provide feedback on any issues encountered.
#2 Updated by Christian Ansorge almost 5 years ago
Michael Lutz wrote:
Christian/Michael N (LandCoverClassValue and possibly other extensions from the EEA)
We discussed which lists we would contibute.
a) the above mentioned CLC (only tier 3) list docking on LC:LandCoverClassValue
b) CDDA:DesignationSchemeValue docking on PS:DesignationSchemeValue - see #2688
#5 Updated by Michael Lutz over 4 years ago
From Alejandra Sánchez Maganto (ES):
We are interested in partipate, with the colaboration of GeoSpatiumLab, in the testbed.
We have created two lists (real extensions) that belong to two drafts of Spanish Technical Guidelines for diferents themes:
We have a doubt in relation of property "dct:publisher" that is complete with a type “foaf:Agent":
In "rdf:about" we must put the URL of the resource , according to the template that have been supplied already RDF (https://ies-svn.jrc.ec.europa.eu/attachments/download/1408/registry.rdf) should be collected in "http://publications.europa.eu/mdr/authority/corporate-body/" . However, on this page our organization "IGN" does not appear, so far we have included
Is it correct?
I attached the 3 files created according to to the latest format included in #2684,
- ign_Registry.rdf: include the description of the registry of IGN
- BuildingNatureValue.rdf and AerodromeTypeValue.rdf: include the extensions of two codelists
Could you review and validate?
We are looking forward to your comments.
#6 Updated by Daniele Francioli over 4 years ago
Thank you for submitting your files. We confirm that you can use your own URI in the "rdf:about" attribute of the "foaf:Agent" element.
Furthermore, we have tested your descriptors with our validators and they're compliant with the "core" and the "content" conformance classes.
We are going to publish these XSL validators which are a very simple and immediate way to check the descriptors' compliance.
The JRC registry team
#8 Updated by Alejandra Sanchez over 4 years ago
In relation of these files (BuildindNatureValue.rdf, AerodromeTypeValue.rdf and ign_Registry.rdf), we have uploaded to our web server.
The publics URL are:
- http://www.idee.es/resources/register-inspire/ign_Registry.rdf (principal file)
Could you test the harvesting functionality to make sure all is well?
#9 Updated by Daniele Francioli over 4 years ago
Thank you for providing the descriptors. We will test it in our harvesting system once the prototype will be ready.
In the mean time, you can also try to validate the files using the XSL validators, as described here.
The JRC registry team
#10 Updated by Heidi Vanparys over 4 years ago
- File BuildingNatureValue.rdf added
- File ELF_codelist_registry.rdf added
- File LandCoverClassValue.rdf added
I create one registry file and two register files. I have a few questions/comments, but don't have the time to write those before the meeting. I suggest we discuss at the meeting and/or I can write more afterwards.
#11 Updated by Michael Noren over 4 years ago
EEA first drafts:
Unfortunately no time yet to try harvesting them.
#12 Updated by Michael Noren over 4 years ago
For those who have trouble using the XSL validators, it seems the Google Chrome and Opera browsers do not allow the XSL-stylesheet to be loaded due to a security restriction (on loading files from different domains). Firefox and Internet explorer does work though.