2016.5: Priority list of data sets for eReporting
|Status:||Work in progress||Start date:||25 Jan 2017|
|Assignee:||Jose Miguel Rubio Iglesias||% Done:|
This issue is used to track progress of action 2016.5, according to the following schema.
- Progress since the last status report
- Tasks/deliverables planned for the next month(s)
- Overall status (on track, delayed, ...)
- Risks or issues for discussion in the MIG-T or MIG
#6 Updated by Jose Miguel Rubio Iglesias almost 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from Joeri Robbrecht to Jose Miguel Rubio Iglesias
Short debrief of the progress in 2016.5 task since December 2017
- Presentation of 2016.5 status at the MIG meeting in Brussels (see document sent to MIG on the activity on https://ies-svn.jrc.ec.europa.eu/projects/mig-p/wiki/MIG-P_meeting_7_agenda ). The progress and the roadmap presented was welcome by the MS representatives.
- At the MIG meeting it was agreed that the metadata tagging approach using the priority dataset codelist set up by JRC would be tested and advanced as much as possible before 15 May 2018 (next monitoring round). It was also agreed at the MIG that DG ENV would send a letter to the MS INSPIRE NCP to formalise the request and provide guidance. The letter was sent right before Christmas including an annex on the priority datasets and another on the Thematic Viewer and on the metadata tagging process.
- By the last meeting of the 2016.5 subgroup at the EEA (end November 2017), UBA (Austria) which is providing technical support to the EEA in this task, presented a first (partial) version of the priority datasets list further extended and analysed in order to facilitate MS the identification of each priority dataset. This list is available on the 2016.5 wiki (https://ies-svn.jrc.ec.europa.eu/projects/2016-5/wiki) and it only contains the extended information for datasets in the field of Nature and Water. It is foreseen that the final complete extended list, which should included information on the exact datasets, reporting guidance if existing, ECDF, formats, etc., per each PDS, will be available by the end of January.
- In order to discuss and agree on an stable version of the extended priority dataset list, a teleconference with the 2016.5 members will take place in early February. Date is yet to be decided. It is expected that during this meeting several issues related to this task already spotted by some MS will be addressed and hopefully clarified.
- At the MIG meeting the JRC presented the new (beta version) of the Thematic Viewer of the Geoportal (http://inspire-geoportal.ec.europa.eu/thematicviewer/) which will allow easy tracing and reuse of the datasets. JRC is now working on further improvements on the Thematic Viewer as well as on fixing issues and bugs notified about the metadata codelist in the INSPIRE registry.