FI: Feedback and questions on the Indicators tool
|Status:||Feedback||Start date:||11 Nov 2019|
|Assignee:||Vlado Cetl||% Done:|
|Submitting Organisation:||NLSFI||Knowledge-Base relevant?:||No|
|Country:||FI - Finland||Keyword #2:|
|Originating UI:||Keyword #3:|
Dear Geoportal team,
As requested, I did some testing on the new INSPIRE monitoring & reporting Indicators tool. The Indicators page itself is very clear and straightforward. Here are some questions and comments regarding calculation of the indicator values:
1) From the documentation powerpoint: "INSPIRE Geoportal checks upon duplicates: if present they are counted as one."
- What is the logic behind this? UUID check or some other logic?
- If dataset has many themes is it counted only once? One the previous years it has been duplicated for all of it's themes.
2) Indicators based on the INSPIRE Reference Validator (MDi1.1 and MDi1.2).
- Seeing these results would be important asap.
- Is there some conformity tolerance like before (80% validity) or must the metadata pass validation 100%?
- Is there going to be a link in the Geoportal to Reference validator validation reports? At the moment there is some report link but it's not a Reference validator report.
3) DSi1.4 and DSi1.5 Regional and National
- We have a number of our harvested metadata tagged as "Kansallinen" which is the code value for National in Finnish
- example: https://inspire-geoportal.ec.europa.eu/sandbox/resources/INSPIRE-f670705f-f4e9-11e6-81e4-52540023a883_20191029-160020/services/1/PullResults/541-560/2.iso19139.xml
- Geoportal doesn't recognise this as National metadata
- Anchor link is missing from our metadata but is it mandatory? Is there something else wrong on our keyword implementation?
4) DSi2.x spatial data set conformity
- Are the results based on the reported conformity on metadata or are you doing some validation to prove the conformity?
5) NSi4.x network service conformity
- Are these results based on some validation or just metadata conformity statement?
- If no validation is done, why our discovery service conformity is 0%?
- Total number of services would be useful information to be shown on these indicator boxes (probably on some other indicators too)
- I think we have 0 transformation services and NSi4.4 indicator is 0%. Should it be "null" or 100% instead when no services are available?