[LINKAGE CHECKER] Data Set metadata contains Unique Resource Identifier reported even if not reported by INSPIRE reference validator
|Status:||Feedback||Start date:||02 Apr 2020|
|Assignee:||Davide Artasensi||% Done:|
|Submitting Organisation:||Ministry of Environment of the Slovak Republic||Knowledge-Base relevant?:||No|
|Country:||SK - Slovakia||Keyword #2:|
|Originating UI:||Keyword #3:|
While checking the metadata interlinkages using your Linkage Checker tool I get the following error:
The Unique Resource Identifier in the Data Set metadata was not found.
I followed your prerequisite to validate the record with INSPIRE Reference validator available from here: https://inspire.ec.europa.eu/validator/
I used both TG1.3 and TG2.0 Test Suites to validate the record and non of them reported validation issues with Dataset URI:
If the type of the resource is a dataset (series), a unique identifier identifying the resource must be given.
This test case only applies to records with a hierarchyLevel value 'dataset' or 'series'.
The test first checks, if a unique identifier is given and if it is of type MD_Identifier or RS_Identifier. The contained code element may not be empty.
- TG Requirement 5: The code property is required (see B.2.7.3 of ISO 19115).
- TG Requirement 6: If a value for codeSpace is provided, then the data type for the identifier shall be RS_Identifier, which is substitutable for the usual MD_Identifier.
Test that every dataset or dataset series has an Unique Resource Identifier.
More information: Dataset UID
Could you please explain why the Linkage Checker reports issues while INSPIRE Reference Validator does not?
I encosed the XML file I was testing.
#2 Updated by Davide Artasensi 6 months ago
this issue shared the same metadata I've already analyzed in my reply to another issue #3844.
Please, have a look here: https://ies-svn.jrc.ec.europa.eu/issues/3844#note-2
In that reply, I included a snapshot where you will find the recognized Unique Resource Identifier as:
In case of any further doubts, do not hesitate to contact us.
Davide on behalf of JRC INSPIRE Support
#4 Updated by Tomas Kliment 6 months ago
What I meant by this issue is to report errors I retrieved and I Still retrieve from Linkage Checker tool available from here: https://inspire-geoportal.ec.europa.eu/linkagechecker.html
I am using the following URL to metadata:
View Service: https://rpi.gov.sk/rpi_csw/service.svc/get?request=GetRecordById&service=CSW&version=2.0.2&elementSetName=full&Id=https://data.gov.sk/set/rpi/gmd/31753604/6A9861EAA1554D3EE0530110000A1492&outputschema=http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd
Download Service: https://rpi.gov.sk/rpi_csw/service.svc/get?request=GetRecordById&service=CSW&version=2.0.2&elementSetName=full&Id=https://data.gov.sk/set/rpi/gmd/31753604/6ABFC778070E4E43E0530110000AF114&outputschema=http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd
When I place above URLs to your application client I get the following results:
As you can see the following errors are reported:
- The Unique Resource Identifier in the Data Set metadata was not found. Have you successfully validated this metadata with the INSPIRE Reference validator?
- The INSPIRE Spatial Data Theme keyword was not found. Have you successfully validated this metadata with the INSPIRE Reference validator?
- The necessary resource locator (URL) of the service was not found in the provided View Service metadata, or the service was not reachable nor supported.
- The necessary match between the MD URI (described in the provided Data Set metadata) and at least one layer containing a valid metadata reference from the View service capabilities has not been found.
- The necessary match between the dataset metadata URI and at least one metadata URI from the Download service capabilities has not been found.
- The necessary resource locator (URL) of the Data Set from the Download service could not be determined.
I did not want to list them all initially to try solving issues step by step, but now I placed them all here.
So the question is why Linkage checker reports issue with DS URI, INSPIRE SDT, and other I think related to previous even if the INSPIRE Reference Validator does not report issues?