[ This page is still being drafted. The final version will be available soon ]
Example on how to use the GeoNetwork editor¶
The following guide will explain how to import the INSPIRE priority data set codelist in GeoNetwork and to select the codes using the metadata editor.
Getting the right format from the INSPIRE registry¶
To import the code list in GeoNetwork, a custom SKOS/RDF format has been implemented and is available just for the INSPIRE priority data set.
The format can be found in the INSPIRE priority data set page (http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/metadata-codelist/PriorityDataset), switching to the "hierarchy view".
The link to the SKOS/RDF (http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/registry/res/custompages/PriorityDataset.rdf) file can be found as the last icon in the formats list.
Importing the INSPIRE priority dataset in GeoNetwork¶
To import the code list in GeoNetwork use the following steps (Picture 1 is an animated gif showing the steps).
- Use the menu "Admin console" -> "Classification systems"
- Click on "Add thesaurus -> From URL"
- Paste the link to the SKOS/RDF file (available above)
- Click "Upload"
Picture 1 - Add the INSPIRE priority data set to GeoNetwork
Selecting a code using the GeoNetwork editor¶
The following steps explain how to select a code from the INSPIRE priotiry data set using the GeoNetwork editor.
- If you have already the metadata you can start from that, otherwise use the "Contribute" menu
- Select the ISO 19139 profile
- In the top right menu "Save metadata" click on the arrow and select the "Simple" option
- Go to the Keyword section
- Select the INSPIRE priority data set thesaurus from the list of thesauri
- On the right side of the field, there is a gear icon. Click on it and select "Anchor"
- Use the Keyword browser to select the right code (click the "plus" icon to add the code).
- To see the resulting encoding, click on the top right menu "Save metadata" -> XML
Picture 2 - Using the editor to select the codes