Meeting #1 of MIG sub-group 2017.4¶
- Meeting #1 of MIG sub-group 2017.4
Thursday, 11 January 2018, 10:00-11:00 CET
- Meeting number: 845 073 838
- Join the meeting
[10:00-10:05] Welcome and approval of the agenda (Michael Lutz)
[10:05-10:20] Context and tasks of the sub-group (Michael Lutz)
- see wiki
[10:20-10:30] Round-table of sub-group members (all)
- All to shortly introduce themselves
- Expertise / experience that qualifies the expert for participation in this sub-group
- Planned contributions of the expert to the the tasks of the sub-group
- Main area of expertise/interest: data, network services, metadata
[10:30-10:45] Working methods and tools (Michael Lutz)
- Collaboration tools (wiki, issue trackers, e-mail, webex, ...)
- Frequency of meetings
- Interaction with the contractors working on the validator
[10:45-11:00] Open questions & AOB
The minutes summarise the main conclusions and actions from the meeting. Actions are indicated in the minutes using the keyword [Action] and tracked in the issue tracker.
Roberto Sgnaolin (JRC), Francisco Caldeira (PT), Alejandra Sanchez (ES), Panu Muhli (FI), Christian Seip (DE), Roland Grillmayer (AT), Richard Mitanchey (FR), Anja Litka (DE), Lars-Inge Arnevik (NO), Antonio Rotundo (IT), Ion Nedelcu (RO), Vasile Crăciunescu (RO), Michael Lutz (JRC), Thijs Brentjens (NL), Marcus Sen (UK), Veronika Kusova (CZ), Michael Med (CZ)
Welcome and approval of the agenda¶
The agenda was approved without changes.
Context and tasks of the sub-group¶
Michael Lutz introduced the role of the sub-group in the action 2017.4 and its main tasks:
- support the resolution of notable comments received on the validator, ETS and ATS and, where relevant, the formulation of change requests to TGs and/or IRs - this will be the most important task of the group
- discuss and provide recommendations of how the maturity level concept can be reflected in the common validator - the discussion on the maturity level concept is on hold in the MIG for the moment, so this task is of less priority for now,
- promote the usage of the validator in the MS - the sub-group members are expected to be the main contact point for validation in their country
- advise the EC on different scenarios for the long-term sustainability of the test framework.
The further update of the ATS, ETS and ETF testing framework will be carried out by a contractor. A common face-to-face meeting is planned for end of February/early March, where the interactions between the work of the contractor and the sub-group (e.g. testing/review of ATS, ETS and new ETF functionality, collaboration on the ATS/ETS helpdesk) will be discussed.
The action will run initially until the end of 2018, when the results will be presented to the MIG in their December meeting. At this point, a prolongation of the action mandate can be proposed, if necessary.
Round-table of sub-group members¶
All participants introduced themselves, indicating their expertise / experience, planned contributions to the the tasks of the sub-group and main area of expertise/interest: data, network services, metadata.
An overview table is available at 2017-4_sub-group_members. [Action] All members of the sub-group are invited to review and, if necessary, update their entry in the table.
Working methods and tools¶
The following tools will be used by the sub-group:
- Wiki and issue tracker on the MIG collaboration platform for meeting minutes, sharing documents, general discussions and actions
- ATS and ETS issue trackers on GitHub for discussing and resolving comments from stakeholders on the ATS and ETS.
- [Action] All sub-group members are invited to familiarise themselves with Github. If necessary, a short introduction into using it can be organised.
- [Action] All sub-group members to subscribe as watchers to the ETS repository and the relevant ATS repositories (on metadata, data and/or network services)
- The mailing list email@example.com for e-mail communication with the sub-group
- WebEx for regular web-conferences
Sub-group members are expected to actively contribute to the discussions of issues raised by stakeholders on Github and contribute to their resolution. Issues whose resolution is unclear or which go back to ambiguities or errors in the TGs or IRs should be tagged with "for-2017.4-discussion".
There will be a web-conference once per month, with the main aim to discuss and propose a resolution for all open issues tagged for 2017.4 discussion. Ideally one or several possible solutions should be proposed before the meeting. All members should familiarlise themselves before the meeting with the issues to be discussed.
[Action] All to indicate their preference for a regular time slot in the doodle poll at https://doodle.com/poll/5atxfkfswq4we562
Open questions & AOB¶