12th MIWP-6 sub-group meeting

Monday, 8 February 2016, 15:00-16:30 CET

Connection details

Agenda

[15:00-15:10] Welcome, approval of the agenda and minutes of the previous meeting (for discussion and agreement) (Michael Lutz)

[15:10-15:45] Updates in the RoR prototype - registration process mockup

[15:45-16:00] Next steps for the testbed

[16:00-16:15] Collecting FAQs

[16:15-16:30] AOB

Minutes

Attendees

Esa Tiainen (FI), Heidi Vanparys (DK), Alejandra Sanchez, Jesus Barrera (ES), Anders Foureaux (SE), Etienne Taffoureau (FR), Norbert Pfaffinger (AT), Christian Ansorge, Michael Noren (EEA), Emanuela Epure, Daniele Francioli, Michael Lutz (JRC)

Welcome, approval of the agenda and minutes of the previous meeting

The minutes of the last meeting were approved without comments.

The agenda was approved as proposed.

Updates in the RoR prototype - registration process mockup

Daniele presented the updated RoR prototype (http://inspire-regadmin.jrc.ec.europa.eu/ror/). It implements a few changes in the user interface as discussed in the last meeting (e.g. the publisher of a registry and the registry containing a register are now listed). It also now support access to the mock-up for a management interface (after logging in through ECAS), which will allow uploading a "registry descriptor" file and monitoring and managing the harvesting process for the registers included in this descriptor file. The management interface will also allow to start the harvesting of a register manually (e.g. after it has been updated). When errors are encountered during the harvesting process, the user will be notified (using the e-mail address connected to their ECAS account). The harvesting process is also described in these slides: attachment:20160208_Federation_registration_harvesting_scenario.pptx

There was a discussion on the proposed exchange formats, focussing mainly on the need for specifying the update frequency and date of last update (this these may not be needed if the registers are updated manually in the RoR) and the proposed separation of a register from a registry exchange format/file. EEA & JRC will have a discussion offline on the open issues (if necessary).

Michael L encouraged all members of the group to provide feedback on the proposed directions - also if they agree. Otherwise it is difficult for JRC/EEA to know we are headed in the right direction.

Next steps for the testbed

It was agreed to test the current proposals for the exchange formats in a small testbed until the next meeting in about 4 weeks. The following [Actions] were proposed:

  • JRC to finalise the specifications / requirements to be met by registry/register providers (see also the conformance classes drafted in the Register federation guidelines
  • Register providers to implement exchange files for several registers/code lists as well as a registry descriptor listing these registers
    • Volunteers: Heidi (LandCoverClassValue and BuildingNatureValue extensions from ELF), Christian/Michael N (LandCoverClassValue and possibly other extensions from the EEA), Chris/Kathi (LandCoverClassValue from UBA AT)
    • Michael L will ask the GeoSmartCity project to provide their BuildingNatureValue extension
    • It is not so important that the provided registers are real extensions, even though real examples would be preferred.
  • JRC to implement the upload and harvesting functionality in the RoR
  • Register providers to test the upload and harvesting functionality in the RoR and provide feedback on issues encountered (bugs to be fixed, specification to be improved, ...)

[Action] JRC to create an issue for the documenting progress and issues encountered during the testbed (see #2684).

Collecting FAQs

Michael L encouraged once more everyone to submit questions to the issue tracker that they have themselves or have been asked by INSPIRE stakeholders about registers and registries. 

AOB

Please fill the doodle poll for the next meeting: http://doodle.com/poll/t5nftiahe5aka5dx

 

20160208_Federation_registration_harvesting_scenario.pptx (97.4 KB) Michael Lutz, 08 Feb 2016 02:59 pm