6th MIWP-6 sub-group meeting

Friday, 19 June 2015, 15:00 - 16:30 CEST

Connection details

Agenda

15:00-15:10 Welcome and approval of the agenda (Michael Lutz)

15:10-15:20 Minutes of the previous meeting (for discussion and agreement) (Michael Lutz)

  • review of open action items

15:20-15:30 Report from informal meeting at the INSPIRE/GWF conference (Michael Lutz)

15:30 - 16:15 Architecture scenarios, testbed set-up and next steps

16:15-16:30 AOB

Minutes

Attendees

Andreas von Dömming, Daniele Francioli, Clément Jaquemet, Willem van Gemert, Jesus Barrera, Alejandra Sanchez, Michael Lutz, Chris Schubert

Welcome and approval of the agenda

The agenda was approved as proposed.

Minutes of the previous meeting and report from informal meeting at the INSPIRE/GWF conference

The minutes of the previous virtual meeting and of the ad-hoc meeting at the INSPIRE/GWF conference were approved as currently on the wiki.

The following actions are still open:

  • A6.8: Anders to document a business UC on validation
  • A6.9: EEA to check internally if they can contribute with a test instance of Data Dictionary
  • A6.10: JRC to investigate whether we can set up a test environemt with different tools (Re3gistry, UK-LDReg, EEA data dict tool, others?)

Architecture scenarios, testbed set-up and next steps

Daniele and Michael presented different architecture scenarios for 3 broad use cases [20150619_Federation_architecture_scenarios.pptx]:

  1. Free text search for register (or code list) items across the federation
  2. Retrieval of all known extensions of a register (or code list) in the federation
  3. Retrieval of an extension including the register items from the extended register

The discussion on UC 1 highlighted that actually 4 different scenarios are presented - that could all be illustrated in one figure:

  • index harvesting
  • index push
  • data harvesting to build the index
  • decentralised search (without indexing at the central level)

Similarly, for UC 2 three scenarios are presented:

  • harvesting of extension information
  • registration (push) of extension information
  • decentralised retrieval (without information on extensions at the central level)

The participants agreed with the JRC proposal to focus on the centralised scenarios.

It was further agreed to update the Architecture scenarios section on the wiki according to the slides [Action 6.12 JRC].

It was also agreed to start work on the testbed focusing initially on UCs 1 and 2. This would involve the following steps:

  1. Prerequisites
    • The current production instance of the INSPIRE registry service will be used
    • Create one or more sandbox instances as an example of local level registry
      • real examples are welcome (e.g. from EEA, ELF, Slovakia, EU Publications Office) 
      • JRC to discuss possible testbed example data with participants [Action 6.13]
  2. Search use case
    • Agree on a common exchange format for the indexes
      • First draft to be proposed by JRC [Action 6.14]
    • Implement RoR prototype for search use case [Action 6.15]
      • Indexing system configuration
      • Implement different options for index data transfer: 1) Push 2) index harvesting 3) index creation from harvested data
      • Implement query interface
  3. Extension use case
    • Agree on a common exchange format for extensions
      • First draft to be proposed by JRC [Action 6.16]
    • Impelement RoR prototype for extension use case [Action 6.17]
      • DB / data model for RoR
      • Implement different options for extension data transfer: 1) Push 2) harvesting
      • Data access interface

AOB

It was agreed to have the next meeting at the end of August. Please indicate your availability in the doodle at http://doodle.com/7cz52nvyrf6wv7aw 

20150619_Federation_architecture_scenarios.pptx (435 KB) Michael Lutz, 17 Jun 2015 06:30 pm