Proposal for an INSPIRE Register Federation Architecture - Reference Material¶
The Commission, in agreement with the Member States, did set up the INSPIRE Maintenance and Implementation Framework.
One of the activities in the proposed INSPIRE maintenance and implementation work programme (MIWP) is related to registries and registers.
A central INSPIRE registry (http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/registry) currently containing registers for e.g. code lists, feature concepts, the INSPIRE themes, application schemas and glossary, has been set up by the JRC. To implement INSPIRE, Member States need to set up their own registries/registers and link them to the central INSPIRE registry/registers.
Among other things, task MIWP-6 of the MIWP aims at
- Developing technical guidelines and best practices explaining how to build registries and how to link them to EU registry.
- Setting up a test-bed for connecting national registries to the central INSPIRE registry
- Setting up a registry of registries that contains metadata for registries/registers in the Member States
The intention of this study is to further elaborate the outcomes of the workshop concerning registry federation aspects and to provide the basis for further discussions in a MIG sub-group on registries and registers.
Within this deliverable (D.1) reference material about existing registry implementations has been assembled from selected Member States and the EU Institutions and Bodies to collect use cases and to identify best practises.
The selected Member states are:
The selected EU Institutions and Bodies are:
The implementation status of the selected registries ranges from the planning phase to implementations that are already put into place.
The collected reference material is categorized for each source according the following structure:
- URL (Access)
- Short description
- Registry content
- Information model
- Applied standards, format – presentations
- Referenced and managed entities
- Status codes
- Life cycle, history and versioning
- URI (identifier) patterns
- API and connection points
This wiki page shows in classification and comparison tables interesting features of the considered registries.