26th meeting of the MIG permanent technical sub-group (MIG-T)

Thursday, 28th of January 2016, 10:00-11:30 CET

Virtual meetings - Connection details

Recording

Agenda

[10:00-10:10] Welcome and approval of the agenda (Michael Lutz)

[10:10-10:20] Update on GeoDCAT-AP specification and testbed (Andrea Perego & Lorena Hernandez)

Slides: 20160128-inspire-mig-meeting-geodcat-ap.pptx

[10:20-10:30] Minutes of the previous meetings (for discussion and agreement) (Michael Lutz)

[10:30-10:45] Feedback from MIG-P meeting (Michael Lutz & Joeri Robbrecht)

Slides: 20160128_MIG-P_de-briefing.pptx

  • Reporting template
  • Work programme update
  • Orientation debate

[10:45-11:00] Change proposals from MIWP-14 (Robert Tomas)

[11:00-11:15] SDS Technical Guidelines and Discussion Paper (Christina Wasström)

[11:15-11:25] Items for information (Michael Lutz, Michel Grothe)

  • Patterns for INSPIRE extensions
  • Kick-off meeting INSPIRE validator
  • Updated Metadata TG
  • Next National implementation webinars
    • Czech Republic: Tursday, 11 February 2016, 15:00-15:45 CET
    • Denmark & Slovakia: Thursday, 10 March 2016, 10:00-11:30 CET
    • Belgium & Estonia: Thursday, 28 April 2016, 10:00-11:30 CEST

[11:20-11:30] AOB

  • MIG-T Minutes
  • Next face-to-face meeting 19-20 April 2016, Ispra

Minutes

Preface

The minutes are based on the notes taken in the web-conference chat window by the scribe as well as comments made by participants in the chat.

Where “+1” is used in the minutes, this is to indicate support for the position of the previous speaker.

Attendees

Markus Jobst (AT), Alex Ramage (UK), Lenka Rejentova (CZ), Carlo Cipolloni (IT), Marie Lambois (FR), Sulev Õitspuu (EE), Marisol Gómez (ES), Anders Rydén, Christina Wasström (SE), Daniela Hogrebe (DE), Jari Reini (FI), Kurt Bonnici (MT), Lars Storgaard, Heidi Vanparys (DK), Michel Grothe (NL), Ouns Kissiyar (BE), Marcin Grudzien (PL), Christian Ansorge, Paul Hasenohr (EEA), Joeri Robbrecht (ENV), Simon Vrecar, Andrea Perego, Robert Tomas, Michael Lutz (JRC)

Actions

Actions are indicated in the minutes using the keyword [Action] and are tracked in the issue tracker. The currently open issues (including open issues from previous meetings) are summarised in the table below.

# Status Priority Subject Assignee
2700 Work in progress Normal Propose an ad-hoc MIG-T activity around guidelines for extensions Michel Grothe
2699 New Normal Inform about ISA2 ELISE work programme Robin S. Smith
2698 New Normal Elaborate INSPIRE architecture / domain model Joeri Robbrecht
2697 New Normal Develop an XSLT script to automatically convert metadata from 1.3 to 2.0 Michael Östling
2696 New Normal Inform MIG-T about updated Geonetwork version supporting additional INSPIRE metadata elements Markus Jobst
2381 Work in progress Normal Propose ToR for a subgroup around GML Michael Lutz
2695 New Normal Propose eENVplus outcomes to be considered for re-use or further maintenance by the MIG-T Carlo Cipolloni
2652 Work in progress Normal Feedback on initial proposals of issues for the MIG (Sep 2013) Robert Tomas
2385 Work in progress Normal INSPIRE data sets and services for a pan-European gazetteer (for the European ODP) Michael Lutz
2373 New Normal Collect best practices and guidelines on PIDs Christian Ansorge
2371 Work in progress Normal Feedback on proposed ARE3NA activities on AAA (access control) Robin S. Smith
2378 Work in progress Normal Propose good practices for INSPIRE end-to-end implementation Robin S. Smith
2244 Work in progress Normal Good examples of INSPIRE-related web sites Karen Fullerton
2475 Work in progress Normal Collect INSPIRE schema extensions and best practices Christian Ansorge
2372 New Normal Review existing guidelines for PIDs for spatial objects Christian Ansorge
2382 New Normal Provide translations of TG code list values Lorena Hernandez Quiros
2428 Work in progress High Document xml schema updates Michael Lutz
2379 New Normal Include a section in the MIWP on the standard tasks of the MIG-T and MIG-P Michael Lutz
2376 New Normal Collect examples of APIs for INSPIRE data Michael Lutz
2375 New Normal Further investigate pan-European gazetteer use case Michael Lutz
2368 New Normal Draft a mapping from Network services IRs (download, view, transformation) to TJS Michel Grothe
2365 New Normal Draft release plan for update of download services TGs Alexander Kotsev
2364 New Normal Investigate outsourcing of task to collect good practices and make recommendations for extensions (and possibly schema flattening) Michael Lutz
2361 New Normal Open discussion issue on size of GML files Robert Tomas
2288 New Normal MIWP 4a: Set up sub-group on Persistent Identifiers (PID) Christian Ansorge

Welcome and approval of the agenda

Michael Lutz welcomed the new Swedish MIG-T member Anders Rydén and thanked Kjell Horth for his support of the MIG-T work in the past years. He also introduced a new member of the JRC's ARE3NA team, Simon Vrecar.

Paul Hasenohr (EEA) proposed to add a point under AOB on the status of the dashboard software. There were no other comments on the agenda.

Update on GeoDCAT-AP specification and testbed

Presentation

Discussion

  • What is the impact of (Geo)DCAT-AP is on the INSPIRE MD framework? Are adaptations needed? Is INSPIRE MD demanding enough to cover GeoDCAT-AP as well? Are there discrepancies with the INSPIRE MD profile?
    • It was one of the requirements for the specification to be able to cover all MD elements required by INSPIRE and ISO 19115 Core.
  • Are there are plans for this work to be updated once the new TG for Metadata is completed?
    • The work has been based on the current version of the MD TG.
    • But there was close interaction with the MIWP-8 sub-group during the specification development and on-going discussions were taken into account as much as possible.
    • If necessary, the GeoDCAT-AP specification can be updated in its next release in order to take into account any changes in the INSPIRE MD TG.
  • The Austrian open data initiative is working with CKAN and will have a look at GeoDCAT-AP. Some activities in Italy on implementing CKAN and probably also DCAT-AP.

Minutes of the previous meetings

Feedback from MIG-P meeting

Presentation

  • Slides: 20160128_MIG-P_de-briefing.pptx
  • MIG-T members should mainly take note of the proposed roadmap for updating the MIWP, which will be one of the main points for discussion at the next face-to-face meeting in April.

Discussion

  • Austria is wondering a bit on the argumentation that the member states have to overcome "implementation gaps". This is a bit one sided. MS are doing their best to follow the regulations. A complex system like INSPIRE will come up with inhomogeneities (and not implementation gaps) that have to be  solved by all parties. (Ouns Kissiyar (BE) +1 Alex Ramage (UK) +1)
    • The concrete gaps found by the EC are mentioned in the letters sent before bilateral meetings, but asked AT, BE and UK to address further questions directly to DG ENV.

Change proposals from MIWP-14

Presentation

  • JRC and the Thematic Cluster facilitators are now finalising the document with consolidated change proposals to be submitted to MIG-P for review
  • The document will be available for a MIG-T review by 12 February
  • The MIG-T review should focus on checking understandability (are all change proposals well described?) and completeness (do the change proposls include all information required for a MIG-P review?)

Discussion

  • Review periods: MIG-T: 2 weeks, MIG-P: 6 weeks
  • Robert Tomas will send around the final activity reports of the TC facilitators, which contain good summaries of the discussions in the different Clusters, as well as interesting recommendations. If there are questions or feedback from MIG-T on these reports, this can be discussed at one of the upcoming MIG-T meetings.

SDS Technical Guidelines and Discussion Paper

Presentation

  • All comments have been resolved - see comment resolution tables in #2610
  • The resolutions will be open for MIG-T scrutiny until 5/2/2016. [Action MIG-T]
  • The ad-hoc SDS group proposes to integrate all content from the discussion paper into the TG and not to publish a final version 1.0 of the SDS discussion paper, in order to avoid confusion and possible inconsistencies and to reduce the effort for maintenance (1 rather than 2 documents).
  • [Action] Michael Lutz to finalise the TG document implementing the resolutions and then submit it to MIG-P for review by 10/2/2016.

Items for information

Patterns for INSPIRE extensions

  • A first meeting has taken place between Geonovum (Michel Grothe, Jandirk Bulens), JRC (Robert Tomas, Robin Smith, Michael Lutz), DG ENV (Joeri Robbrecht) and the contractor for this work (wetransform, Thorsten Reitz).
  • The next step is to develop a more detailed project plan (by mid-February), including a proposal on how to interact/engage with the MIG-T. [Action Michel Grothe]
  • For the time being, this will be an ad-hoc MIG-T activity, but it might be integrated in the MIWP in the next update.
  • The question on how to get MIG endorsement for extended data models and schemas developed in projects (e.g. ELF, eENVplus) will be discussed in more detail in one of the next MIG-T meetings. [Action Christina Wasström].

Kick-off meeting INSPIRE validator

Updated Metadata TG

  • The group has completed its work, and the results have been handed over to a contractor, who will draft the new TG version, for review by MIG-P.
  • There are still a few open issues, that will be highlighted in the final draft, and feedback will be asked during the MIG-P consultation.
  • The question on how to address cross-cutting architectural issues, that may have impacts on several TGs, will be discussed in more detail in one of the next MIG-T meetings. [Action Christina Wasström and Michael Östling].

National implementation webinars

  • The next webinars will be:
    • Czech Republic: Tursday, 11 February 2016, 15:00-15:45 CET
    • Denmark & Slovakia: Thursday, 10 March 2016, 10:00-11:30 CET
    • Belgium & Estonia: Thursday, 28 April 2016, 10:00-11:30 CEST
  • All participants agreed to announce the webinars more widely (through the INSPIRE web site, forum, thematic clusters and social media) [Action Karen Fullerton]

AOB

MIG-T Minutes

  • There was a comment (supported by several MS) on the detailed MIG-P minutes that it should be announced in advance if meetings are recorded, and that minutes should not identify speakers by name for interventions.
  • All participants agreed that the current practice of recording MIG-T meetings and making the recording publicly available as well as the current MIG-T minutes style is ok.

Next face-to-face meeting 19-20 April 2016, Ispra

20160128_MIG-P_de-briefing.pptx (78.5 KB) Michael Lutz, 28 Jan 2016 09:08 am

20160128-inspire-mig-meeting-geodcat-ap.pptx (781 KB) Michael Lutz, 28 Jan 2016 09:08 am