27th meeting of the MIG permanent technical sub-group (MIG-T)

Thursday, 25th of February 2016, 10:00-11:30 CET

Virtual meetings - Connection details

Recording

Agenda

[10:00-10:10] Welcome and approval of the agenda (Michael Lutz)

[10:10-10:20] Minutes of the previous meetings (for discussion and agreement) (Michael Lutz)

[10:20-10:30] MIWP actions status reports (Michael Lutz)

[10:30-10:50] Update on ARE3NA work on access control

Slides: 2016-02_25_MIG_AAA_findings_v0.02.pptx

[10:50-11:15] Endorsement of community extensions to INSPIRE schemas (Anja Hopfstock)

Slides: ELF_Extensions.pptx

[11:15-11:30] AOB

  • Autumn face-to-face meeting 25-26 October 2016, Ispra

Minutes

Preface

The minutes are based on the notes taken in the web-conference chat window by the scribe as well as comments made by participants in the chat.

Where “+1” is used in the minutes, this is to indicate support for the position of the previous speaker.

Actions are indicated in the minutes using the keyword [Action] and are tracked in the issue tracker. The currently open issues (including open issues from previous meetings) are summarised in the table at the end of the minutes.

Attendees

Alex Ramage, Tim Duffy (UK), Marie Lambois (FR), Sulev Õitspuu (EE), Emilio Lopez (ES), Anders Rydén, Christina Wasström (SE), Markus Seifert (DE), Kurt Bonnici (MT), Lars Storgaard (DK), Michel Grothe (NL), Ouns Kissiyar (BE), Ewa Surma (PL), Tomislav Ciceli (HR), Nikolay Iv. Petrov (BG), Henrique Silva (PT), Dragica Pajic (RS), Leda Bargiotti, Brecht Wyns (PwC) and Anja Hopfstock (BKG, ELF), Christian Ansorge, Paul Hasenohr (EEA), Joeri Robbrecht (ENV), Simon Vrecar, Robert Tomas, Michael Lutz (JRC)

Welcome and approval of the agenda

Michael Lutz welcomed the participants, including the observers Leda Bargiotti, Brecht Wyns (PwC) and Anja Hopfstock (BKG, ELF).

The agenda was approved as proposed.

Minutes of the previous meetings

  • There were no comments on the minutes from the previous meeting and they were approved as they currently stand on the wiki.
  • There will be a meeting on 25 February in the afternoon to discuss the roadmap for the ad-hoc activity around guidelines for extensions (#2700). Michel Grothe will keep the MIG-T informed about the progress.
  • The ISA2 work programme will be discussed in the new ISA2 committee on 2 March. JRC will inform about the outcome and the WP of the proposed ELISE action once the ISA2 WP has been endorsed.
  • The INSPIRE architecture / domain model (#2698) any possible updates of it will be discussed at the face-to-face meeting in the light of the proposed update to the MIWP.
  • The proposed activity/a subgroup around GML (#2381) will be included in the proposed update of the MIWP.
  • The feedback on initial proposals of issues for the MIG (Sep 2013) (#2652) is important for the update of the MIWP. [Action] All to highlight any of the proposed issues that are still crucial to be addressed in the MIWP.
  • It was agreed to close issues #2288 (no immediate need for a sub-group at this point) and #2361 (to be included in new GML activity)
  • [Action] All assignees to check their open issues and, where appropriate, make proposals to close them. The proposals will be discussed at the next meeting.

MIWP actions status reports

  • MIWP-14
    • The main reason for the EC internal discussion on continuing the financial support for the TC facilitators are budget constraints related discussions about prioritisations of activities to be supported through budget provided by DG ENV and JRC.
    • Several participants emphasised the importance of the work of the Thematic Cluster facilitators for identifying and resolving issues in the INSPIRE implementation
    • One suggestion was to increase the active involvement of MIG-T in the Thematic Clusters
  • MIWP-5
    • Only NL, DE, DK, PL, BE and SE are currently reviewing the ATS
    • NL would like to review the testing framework - design report in parallel with the MIWP-5 review. If other countries are interested in participating in the review, please contact JRC.?
  • MIWP-8
    • The MIG-T should be involved in the review on structure and TG requirements approach (deadline for comments: 7 March)

Update on ARE3NA work on access control

Presentation

  • Slides: 2016-02_25_MIG_AAA_findings_v0.02.pptx
  • The presented results are based on GetMap/GetFeature and not only GetCapabilities requests
  • HTTP return codes "200 OK" are not further investigated (even though a service may not give access also when returning "200 OK")

Discussion

  • Provide the analysis spreadsheet to MIG-T representatives, so that they can check the situation in their countries (are these legitimate restrictions or are they based on misunderstandings of the Directive and IRs?) [Action JRC & all]
  • The analysis could be extended to WCS and SOS, if there are sufficiently many cases
  • There is an optional question in the 2016 reporting template on access restrictions to services. [Action] JRC & PwC to investigate if the answers to this could be considered in the analysis.

Endorsement of community extensions to INSPIRE schemas

Presentation

Discussion

  • It is important that data in "endorsed extensions" is publicly available
  • The question of endorsement of extensions (in general, and of the ELF extensions in particular) should be included in the revision of the MIWP.
  • [Action] JRC, DG ENV, EEA & Michel Grothe to discuss whether/how this topic can be included in the ad-hoc activity on extensions

AOB

  • DG ENV and JRC have decided to host all MIG-T meetings in Ispra for the time being. The autumn face-to-face meeting is planned for the 25-26 October 2016 in Ispra. [Action] All to notify JRC as soon as possible of possible clashes at these dates. 

Actions

# Status Priority Subject Assignee
2707 Work in progress Normal Analysis of access control to INSPIRE services Robin S. Smith
2700 New Normal Propose an ad-hoc MIG-T activity around guidelines for extensions Michel Grothe
2699 New Normal Inform about ISA2 ELISE work programme Robin S. Smith
2698 New Normal Elaborate INSPIRE architecture / domain model Joeri Robbrecht
2697 New Normal Develop an XSLT script to automatically convert metadata from 1.3 to 2.0 Michael Östling
2696 New Normal Inform MIG-T about updated Geonetwork version supporting additional INSPIRE metadata elements Markus Jobst
2381 Work in progress Normal Propose ToR for a subgroup around GML Michael Lutz
2695 New Normal Propose eENVplus outcomes to be considered for re-use or further maintenance by the MIG-T Carlo Cipolloni
2652 Work in progress Normal Feedback on initial proposals of issues for the MIG (Sep 2013) Robert Tomas
2385 Work in progress Normal INSPIRE data sets and services for a pan-European gazetteer (for the European ODP) Michael Lutz
2373 New Normal Collect best practices and guidelines on PIDs Christian Ansorge
2371 Work in progress Normal Feedback on proposed ARE3NA activities on AAA (access control) Robin S. Smith
2378 Work in progress Normal Propose good practices for INSPIRE end-to-end implementation Robin S. Smith
2244 Work in progress Normal Good examples of INSPIRE-related web sites Karen Fullerton
2475 New Normal Collect INSPIRE schema extensions and best practices Christian Ansorge
2372 New Normal Review existing guidelines for PIDs for spatial objects Christian Ansorge
2382 New Normal Provide translations of TG code list values Lorena Hernandez Quiros
2428 Work in progress High Document xml schema updates Michael Lutz
2379 New Normal Include a section in the MIWP on the standard tasks of the MIG-T and MIG-P Michael Lutz
2376 New Normal Collect examples of APIs for INSPIRE data Michael Lutz
2375 New Normal Further investigate pan-European gazetteer use case Michael Lutz
2368 New Normal Draft a mapping from Network services IRs (download, view, transformation) to TJS Michel Grothe
2365 New Normal Draft release plan for update of download services TGs Alexander Kotsev
2364 New Normal Investigate outsourcing of task to collect good practices and make recommendations for extensions (and possibly schema flattening) Michael Lutz
 

2016-02_25_MIG_AAA_findings_v0.02.pptx (773 KB) Michael Lutz, 22 Feb 2016 07:40 pm

ELF_Extensions.pptx (2.83 MB) Michael Lutz, 24 Feb 2016 06:42 pm