32nd meeting of the MIG permanent technical sub-group (MIG-T)

Thursday, 28th of July 2016, 10:00-11:30 CEST

Virtual meetings - Connection details

Recording: AdobeConnect viewer

Agenda

[10:00-10:10] Welcome and approval of the agenda (Michael Lutz)

[10:10-10:20] Minutes of the previous meetings (for discussion and agreement) (Michael Lutz)

[10:20-10:30] MIWP actions status reports (Michael Lutz)

[10:30-10:45] MIWP-7a: Extension of an open source solution to support specialized observation types as specified in D2.9 (Simon Jirka, 52North)

[10:45-11:00] MIWP-7a: Updated version of TGs on O&M and SWE for INSPIRE (D2.9) and SOS-based download services (S.Grellet, BRGM)

[11:00-11:30] AOB

Minutes

Preface

The minutes are based on the notes taken in the web-conference chat window by the scribe as well as comments made by participants in the chat.

Where “+1” is used in the minutes, this is to indicate support for the position of the previous speaker.

Actions are indicated in the minutes using the keyword [Action] and are tracked in the issue tracker. The currently open issues (including open issues from previous meetings) are summarised in the table at the end of the minutes.

Attendees

Markus Jobst, Markus Mayr (AT), Nikolay Ivanov Petrov (BG), Christine Najar (CH), Jiří Poláček (CZ), Daniela Hogrebe, Markus Seifert (DE), Christian Ansorge (EEA), Emilio López (ES), Alexander Kotsev, Robert Tomas, Michael Lutz,  Vlado Cetl (JRC), Ewa Surma, Marcin Grudzień (PL), Dragica Pajić (RS), Tim Duffy (UK), Sylvain Grellet (BRGM), Carsten Hollmann, Simon Jirka (52°North)

Welcome and approval of the agenda

Michael Lutz welcomed the participants, including Sylvain Grellet (BRGM), Carsten Hollmann and Simon Jirka (52°North), who were participating in the meeting to present the status of the MIWP-7b work.

The agenda was approved as proposed.

Minutes of the previous meetings

  • There were no comments on the minutes from the previous meeting and they were approved as they currently stand on the wiki.
  • Open action items review. #2697 During the MIWP-8 comment resolution workshop, it was agreed that it is not a good idea, because it is difficult to do it automatically and errors could be introduced. Instead, the MIWP-8 experts proposed to quickly develop the ATS and ETS for version 2.0, so that implementers can test their MD against the new TG version and see what modifications are required (if any). It was agreed to close the issue.

MIWP actions status reports

  • Actions MIWP-5 and MIWP-14 have been renumbered according to the new MIWP to actions 2016.3 and 2016.4 
  • Comment resolution workshop on Metadata TG was held on 07-08 July in JRC. Work ongoing on implementing the agreed changes in order to submit the TG to MIG-P for endorsement.
  • The issue that some countries will only consult their stakeholders during the MIG-P review phase, which could lead to major comments very late in the process, should be discussed at the next face-to-face meeting.
  • The documentation of the detailed changes and the timeline for use of the updated Annex I schemas (MIWP-18a) is now completed and will be published on the collaboration platform and the INSPIRE web site.
  • There has been no input from the MIWP-7b sub-group on the guidelines for providing coverage data. There is, however, considerable discussion and activities on this topic in the relevant Thematic Clusters. It may therefore be sensible to remove this task from the MIWP-7b group and ask the MIWP-14 sub-group to address it instead. [Action] Michael to send an e-mail to MIG-T to request feedback on this proposal.

MIWP-7a: Extension of an open source solution to support specialized observation types as specified in D2.9

Simon Jirka and Carsten Hollman gave live demonstration.

  • 2 Examples: groundwater level observation and trajectory observation.
  • SOS service operations presented: get capabilities, get data availability (with additional information), get observation.
  • 52°North SOS Software for testing and user guides are available at https://wiki.52north.org/SensorWeb/InspireSpecialisedObservations. [Action] MIG-T members to distribute information to relevant organisations in their countries and to provide feedback.
  • Software will be presented during INSPIRE conference in Barcelona.

MIWP-7a: Updated version of TGs on O&M and SWE for INSPIRE (D2.9) and SOS-based download services

Sylvain Grellet presented updated version of TG O&M and SWE guidelines document D2.9 (20160728_Inspire_OM_SWE_requirements_Grellet.pptx).

  • Main parts of document are: D2.9 INSPIRE O&M and SWE guidelines document and Technical guidelines for SOS and INSPIRE download service.
  • [Action] Comments on document are expected by mid-September from relevant national organisations 
  • The work will also be presented during a workshop at the INSPIRE Conference in Barcelona.

AOB

  • New facilitator has been found for Biodiversity and Management Areas Cluster. Stefania Morrone from Epsilon Italia.
  • Next virtual MIG-T meeting is scheduled for 25 August 2016.

Actions

2475 Work in progress Normal Collect INSPIRE schema extensions and best practices Christian Ansorge
2700 Work in progress Normal Propose an ad-hoc MIG-T activity around guidelines for extensions Michel Grothe
2652 Work in progress Normal Feedback on initial proposals of issues for the MIG (Sep 2013) Michael Lutz
2381 Work in progress Normal Propose ToR for a subgroup around GML Michael Lutz
2707 Work in progress Normal Analysis of access control to INSPIRE services Robin S. Smith
2696 New Normal Inform MIG-T about updated Geonetwork version supporting additional INSPIRE metadata elements Markus Jobst
2428 Work in progress High Document xml schema updates Michael Lutz
2698 New Normal Elaborate INSPIRE architecture / domain model Joeri Robbrecht
2697 New Normal Develop an XSLT script to automatically convert metadata from 1.3 to 2.0 Michael Östling
2385 Work in progress Normal INSPIRE data sets and services for a pan-European gazetteer (for the European ODP) Michael Lutz
2373 New Normal Collect best practices and guidelines on PIDs Christian Ansorge
2371 Work in progress Normal Feedback on proposed ARE3NA activities on AAA (access control) Robin S. Smith
2382 New Normal Provide translations of TG code list values Lorena Hernandez Quiros
2368 New Normal Draft a mapping from Network services IRs (download, view, transformation) to TJS Michel Grothe
2365 New Normal Draft release plan for update of download services TGs Alexander Kotsev

20160728_Inspire_OM_SWE_requirements_Grellet.pptx (1.69 MB) Michael Lutz, 28 Jul 2016 06:14 pm