37th meeting of the MIG permanent technical sub-group (MIG-T)¶
- 37th meeting of the MIG permanent technical sub-group (MIG-T)
Thursday, 23rd of February 2017, 10:00-11:30 CET
Recording: AdobeConnect viewer
[10:00-10:10] Welcome and approval of the agenda (Michael Lutz)
[10:10-10:15] Minutes of the previous meetings (for discussion and agreement) (Michael Lutz)
[10:15-10:30] MIWP actions status reports (Michael Lutz)
[10:30-10:45] EU registry of industrial facilities (Christian Ansorge, Alexander Kotsev)
[10:45-11:10] Agenda MIG-T face-to-face meeting
[11:10-11:20] On-going standardisation activities
- CSW ISO-AP schemas - change request: http://ogc.standardstracker.org/show_request.cgi?id=435
- INSPIRE - What if...? ad hoc meeting @ OGC meeting in Delft
- Next face-to-face meeting on 28-29 March in Ghent, BE
- New Web-conference facilities
- EIONET - NRC EIS Action 1 (Christian Ansorge)
- EIONET NRC group to develop MD template and guidelines for flagging data sets relevant for environmental reporting (e.g. Priority List of Datasets) using keywords and other MD elements
The minutes are based on the notes taken in the web-conference chat window by the scribe as well as comments made by participants in the chat.
Where “+1” is used in the minutes, this is to indicate support for the position of the previous speaker.
Actions are indicated in the minutes using the keyword [Action] and are tracked in the issue tracker. The currently open issues (including open issues from previous meetings) are summarised in the table at the end of the minutes.
Anders Rydén, Christina Wasström (SE), Christine Nayar (CH), Emilio Lopez (ES), Heidi Vanparys, Laers Erik Storgaard (DK), Ine de Visser (NL), Jason King, Tim Duffy (UK), Jari Reini (FI), Kurt Bonnici (MT), Lenka Rejenrova (CZ), Marcin Grudzień (PL), Marie Lambois (FR), Markus Seifart (DE), Nikolay I Petrov (BG), Ouns Kissiyar (BE), Tamás Palya (HU), Dragica Pajić (RS), Christian Ansorge (EEA), Joeri Robbrecht (DG ENV), Michael Lutz, Lorena Hernandez, Angelo Quaglia, Vlado Cetl (DG JRC)
Welcome and approval of the agenda¶
The agenda was approved as proposed.
Minutes of the previous meetings¶
- There were no specific comments on the minutes from the previous meeting. The minutes were approved as they stand on the wiki.
- Task #2696 All interested to try a new version 3.2.1 and provide feedback to further improve software. Small funding is still available for improvement. With the new version 3.2.1 also the bug from the previous version has been fixed (as identified and tracked in the Geoportal helpdesk issue tracker - see #2869).
MIWP actions status reports¶
- 2016.1 INSPIRE fitness for purpose – Analysis.
- Work is ongoing. 3rd meeting was held on 22/02. Main focus was on Regulation on INSPIRE IR on interoperability of spatial data sets and services regarding Annex III data. Many issues have been discussed. They are divided on issues with a potential impact on IR and issues more technical that should be addressed under the MIWP. Accordingly a discussion paper will be prepared by Commission and discussed on next meeting beginning of May. The aim of is to develop a proposal for a mandate to revise the IR, which will be discussed at the INSPIRE Committee meeting in mid-June.
- 2016.2 Streamlining the monitoring and reporting for 2019.
- Work is ongoing. Face-to-face meeting was held in Ispra 07-08/02. The main focus was on key performance indicators (KPIs). A new KPI was proposed for priority datasets. Also the new KPI for usage of infrastructure is under development. Analysis of Regulation was performed with changes proposal. Recommendations from MIWP 16 were taken into account. The interim results of the action will be discussed in detail at the MIG-T face-to-face meeting in March.
- 2016.3: Validation & conformity.
- Curently ongoing testing of Validator.
- Discussion is planned on face to face MIG-T meeting on how to continue this work in the future. In this context, the role and ToR of the MIWP-5/2016.3 sub-group should also be revisited.
- 2016.4: Theme specific issues of data specifications & exchange of implementation experiences in thematic domains
- Meeting was held on 20/02 to summarize the past work. Report from facilitators will be compiled in one document, discussed on next meeting and shared with MIG-T in March (to be presented by MIG-T liaisons). For earth science TC facilitator is still missing and will be appointed soon.
- Discussion is ongoing on how to set–up helpdesk to improve platform for questions.
- 2016.5 Priority list of data sets for eReporting.
- List will be published next week. A call for nominations will be sent soon. The first meeting is foreseen after summer, before INSPIRE Conference.
- Christian presented the work of the NRC Environmental Information Systems (EIS) group under EIONET on an action to develop MD template and guidelines for flagging data sets relevant for environmental reporting (e.g. Priority List of Datasets) using keywords and other MD elements (Chris_NRC_EIS_action1.pptx). It was agreed that work around this topic should be aligned between the MIG and Eionet groups. An ad-hoc group under MIG-T should come up with the general approach to be used to filter for specific sub-sets (e.g. reporting data sets, national data sets, open data sets) [Action]. The specific code lists to be used and other requirements should be discussed in the relevant communities and then fed into this MIG-T ad-hoc group. A joint JRC-EEA proposal on this will be discussed at the MIG-T face-to-face meeting.
- INSPIRE and Copernicus action description will be soon updated and sent for endorsement. [Action Michael]
- Leaders of actions to update issues and overall status of groups [Action Joeri, Vlado, Robert, Michael]
EU registry of industrial facilities¶
- EU Registry for industrial emmissions was presented (EU_Registry_MIGT_23022017.pptx)
- INSPIRE PF is used as base model for an extention to collect geospatial and administrative data supporting IED, ePRTR and LCP reporting
- EIONET consultation is open from 24th of February till 24th of March 2017; the INSPIRE community is encouraged to reach out to their emmission colleagues and to support them in the consultation; JRC already provided detailed comments (from an INSPIRE point of view) on the previous draft - the comment resolution is available on the consultation page.
Agenda MIG-T face-to-face meeting¶
Draft topics for agenda has beeen discussed and agreed. Draft agenda will be sent by next week.
On-going standardisation activities¶
- CSW ISO-AP schemas - change request: http://ogc.standardstracker.org/show_request.cgi?id=435. Change request has been sent to OGC.
- (Geo-)DCAT-AP. Activities will be reported on next face to face MIG-T meeting
- INSPIRE - What if...? workshop @ OGC meeting in Delft.
- Next face-to-face meeting on 28-29 March in Ghent, BE. DG ENV will send official invitations and cover expenses.
- New Web-conference facilities. Moving to WebEX platform. Old MIG-T recordings will not be kept online, but the recordings of national implementation webinars will be archived. If there is a need for keeping any MIG-T recording, please send request to JRC.