39th meeting of the MIG permanent technical sub-group (MIG-T)

Thursday, 4th of May 2017, 10:00-11:30 CEST

Connection details:

Recording: WebEx recording

Agenda

[10:00-10:10] Welcome and approval of the agenda (Michael Lutz)

[10:10-10:15] Minutes of the previous meetings (for discussion and agreement) (Michael Lutz)

[10:15-10:30] MIWP actions status reports

[10:30-10:45] AOB

DRAFT Minutes

Preface

The minutes summarise the main conclusions and actions from the meeting. Actions are indicated in the minutes using the keyword [Action] and are tracked in the issue tracker.

Attendees

Tim Duffy (UK), Jason King (UK), Markus Seifert (DE), Danilo Furtado (PT), Nathalie Delattre (BE), Christian Ansorge (EEA), Lenka Rejentová (CZ), Lars Storgaard (DK), Ine de Visser (NL), Carlo Cipolloni (IT), Sulev Õitspuu (EE), Kurt Bonnici (MT), Marie Lambois (FR), Nicolas Hagemann (DE)

Welcome and approval of the agenda

Michael Lutz welcomed Nicolas Hagemann from the GDI.DE coodination office in Germany, who is temporarily replacing Daniela Hogrebe, who is on maternity leave.

The new web conferencing system (WebEx) seems to be working fine for all users. Dialling in by phone is no longer possible, however, so participants will need to use their computer's audio and microphone. If there are any issues, please report them to JRC.

Minutes of the previous meetings

On the minutes of the 38th MIG-T meeting, there was only a reminder to DG ENV to send around latest version of the concept paper on eReporting and INSPIRE to the MIG-T.

There were no other comments, and the minutes are adopted as they currently stand on the wiki.

The questionnaire for collecting feedback from MS on the issues they encounter for their Annex I implementation was closed on 03/05/2017. Responses are summarised in the attached report: AnnexI_Issues.docx. No cross-cutting blocking issues were identified. The theme-specific issues will be shared with the facilitators of the Thematic Clusters and furthere discussed on the TC platform.

MIWP actions status reports

  • 2016.1: The INSPIRE-CT sent out a comprehensive discussion paper covering all points raised during the last meeting to the reflecting group. The paper proposes a number of follow-up actions for discussion in the INSPIRE Committee meeting (where these concern the IRs) and the MIG (for all actions concerning the MIWP) in their meetings in mid-June. The paper will be discussed by the reflection group in their upcoming meeting on 11 May and then finalised and sent to the MIG and INSPIRE Committee. This will complete the work of the sub-group on this action.
  • 2016.2: The sub-group discussed the comments and proposals raised at the last MIG-T meeting and prepared v0.5 of the analysis document with the draft proposal for INSPIRE Committee meeting in June.
  • 2016.3:
    • There is continued development and testing of the INSPIRE validator under the ARE3NA ISA action, including hosting the validator at JRC. The work on the current contract will be completed in June. Discssions have started at JRC and with the contractors on possible follow-up work to complete the ATS, ETS for all INSPIRE TGs.
    • A webinar on developing ATS and ETS is planned with the Thematic Clusters (date TBD)
    • JRC to update the action mandate for action 2016.3 (in particular for new governance structure) and present to MIG in June meeting [Action]
  • 2016.4: see detailed report at #2136
  • 2016.5: The sub-group is taking shape - see 2016.5 Priority list of data sets for eReporting. The kick-off meeting is planned for Q3/2017.

AOB

  • INSPIRE Conference
    • More than 200 submissions have been received, but more are needed to build a solid programme of high quality. The deadline for submissions has therefore been moved to 28 May 2017.
    • The current MIWP actions 2016.1-2016.5 will be presented in a dedicated session.
    • All MIG-T members to solicit additional submissions with their national stakeholders.
    • A question was raised under which topic to submit presentations on the progress of INSPIRE implementation in the MS. Michael agreed that this topic is not very clearly covered in the call for submissions, but should probably go into the "MIWP 2016-2020" category. Michael will ask to clarify this in the call or communication to stakeholders [Action].
    • Another question was raised on what submissions are already planned around Copernicus. Michael will try to find out and communicate to the MIG-T, whether/where there are opportunities to contribute. [Action]
    • No hackathon is currently planned, but there are ideas in JRC to organise a datathon (focusing on data for an INSPIRE sandbox). Nicolas is interested in this topic. Contact points: Robert Tomas, Alexander Kotsev.
    • Two sessions during the conference are planned as a follow-up of the OGC INSPRE - What if...? workshop. A call for position papers will be published shortly.
  • Michael informed about the recently published CEF Call for Programme Support Action (PSA) for the implementation of data exchange used for digital maps for Union-wide multimodal travel and real-time traffic information services on the TEN-T network
  • Christian reminded all participants about the upcoming deadline on 15 May for the annual monitoring. If there are any questions related to this, please get in touch with EEA.
  • The next meeting will take place on 1 June.

AnnexI_Issues.docx - The Survey closed on 03/05/2017 (253 KB) Vlado Cetl, 03 May 2017 09:30 am

CEF_PSA_call.pptx (1.28 MB) Michael Lutz, 04 May 2017 09:19 am