47th meeting of the MIG permanent technical sub-group (MIG-T)

Thursday, 1st of March 2018, 10:00-11:30 CET

Connection details:

Recording:  Streaming, Download

Agenda

[10:00-10:05] Welcome and approval of the agenda

[10:10-10:10] Minutes of the previous meetings (for discussion and agreement)

[10:10-10:30] MIWP actions status reports

[10:30-11:00] MIG-T face-to-face meeting - agenda and preparation

[11:00-11:15] News from standardisation bodies

[11:15-11:30] AOB

Draft Minutes

Preface

The minutes summarise the main conclusions and actions from the meeting. Actions are indicated in the minutes using the keyword [Action] and are tracked in the issue tracker.

Attendees

Dragica Pajic (RS), Ewa Surma (PL), Alexander Kotsev (JRC), Rene Agius (MT), Vlado Cetl (JRC), Tamas Palya (HU), Christina Wasström (SE), Morten Borrebaek (NO), Heidi Vanparys (DK), Lars Storgard (DK), Arvids Ozols (LV), Ouns Kissiyar (BE), Wim Looijen (NL), Marisol Gomez (ES), Christine Najar (CH), Bart Cosyn (BE), Carlo Cipolloni (IT), Nicolas Hagemann (DE), Nathalie Delattre (BE), Michael Lutz (JRC), Tim Duffy (UK), Jari Reini (FI), Lenka Rejentova (CZ), Ine de Visser (NL)

Welcome and approval of the agenda

The agenda was approved as proposed.

Minutes of the previous meetings

The minutes of the 46th MIG-T meeting were endorsed without changes.

MIWP actions status reports

2016.4: Theme-specific issues

  • A meeting of the 2016.4 sub-group (TC facilitators and MIG-T liaisons) will be on for 13-14 March in Ispra to discuss the next steps and long-term strategy for the action and the Thematic Clusters
  • A small user satisfaction survey has been launched on the TC collaborative platform to collect user's feedback. Results will be presented and discussed on the meeting. [Action] All please respond to the survey and spread the information about it in your countries and organisations.

2016.5: List of priority data sets

  • 3rd MIG subgroup 2016.5 (virtual) meeting was held on 20 February. Gabriela Vincze (UBA AT) explained the additions to the extended version of the list of priority datasets (PDS). THe list is now hierarchical, with the legal act/reporting obligation as the top-most concept. This allows tagging at the most appropriate (or known) level of granularity. Participants were asked to provide comments to the to the extended PDS list including the new values of the priority data set code list for tagging by 2 March. After that JRC will update the current priority data set code list with agreed values (expected by 15 March). All Member States / EEA Member Countries are encouraged to apply this to the entire list to the extent possible by 15 May 2018 for piloting purposes starting with the nature and biodiversity datasets in the coming weeks.
  • Next meeting of 2016.5 group will be in April and/or May.
  • Some participants stressed that these changes are coming quite late and that it is important to have a stable version of the list soon.
  • [Action] DG ENV to clarify if the deadline of 15 May given in the letter to MS will be extended, given that the list is only being finalised now.
  • [Action] DG ENV and EEA to clarify whether the list proposal of the 2016.5 sub-group does have to be formally endorsed by the MIG.

2017.1: Master guidance

  • A first meeting of the drafting group for the development of an INSPIRE master guidance (MIWP Action 2017.1) is planned for the 21st March 2018 in Brussels.
  • MS are invited to express interest for participation in the drafting group by 2 March 2018.

2017.2: Alternative encodings

2017.3: Improved client support for INSPIRE data

  • A call will be launched shortly to collect GML data in different INSPIRE data themes as well as commonly used client tools. After that, a contract will be launched to analyse known difficulties in using INSPIRE GML data. Furthermore, meetings are planned with Software vendors in order to discuss and improve current situation.

2017.4: Validation and conformity testing

  • The sub-group has started its work, mainly on discussing issues raised in the validator helpdesk that have implications on the TGs or IRs (see minutes of 2nd meeting).
  • 2 contracts for improving the ETF software, adding the missing ATS/ETS and supporting the helpdesk have started in December.
  • 2nd meeting of the subgroup together with contractor will be 16 March to discuss organisaton of helpdesk and the process in the Github. New version of validator will be presented in the next MIG-T face to face meeting.
  • [Action] The sub-group & JRC should investigate whether examples of metadata, services and data that pass all validation rules can be published.
  • [Action] JRC to provide improved documentation of the new interoperability tests carried out in the Geoportal/Thematic Viewer.

Change proposals for IRs on data interoperability

  • The INSPIRE Coordination Team is currently drafting discussion papers on the main groups of proposed changes (CRS & grids, code lists & registry, statistical data models, multiplicity and voidability), which will be discussed at the upcoming MIG-T meeting.
  • The discussion paper on statistical data models will be drafted jointly with ESTAT. If necessary, a workshop with domain experts will be organised after the MIG-T meeting. A meeting of MS statistics experts in April could be used.

MIG-T face-to-face meeting - agenda and preparation

News from standardisation bodies

  • OGC TC/PC Meeting will be held 19-23 March in Orleans, France.
  • WFS 3.0 Hackaton will take place in Fort Collins, US. More than 25 possible attendees from US, Europe, Australia, Africa.

AOB

  • Michael Lutz presented ELISE action to support MMTIS Regulation (INSPIRE-MMTIS_MIG-T_47.pdf). A meeting with ITS epxerts is planned for 13 April, and a workshop with INSPIRE experts will possibly be organised at the INSPIRE Conference. [Action] JRC to investigate whether the workshop on 13 April could be opened also to INSPIRE experts.
  • Information provided on future CEF Telecom calls that will be launched in May.
    • One of the calls under the topic of Public open data will focus on the generation of cross-border services providing access (view and download) to harmonised thematic open dataset(s) and the corresponding metadata. These services canbe based on different data sources, including e.g. geospatial data provided under INSPIRE, Copernicus data, EGNOS/Galileo positioning & navigation information, data provided by citizens and crowd-sourced initiatives such as OpenStreetMap. The services shall be harmonised in terms of data content, level of detail, data structure, vocabularies and licence conditions and shall have pan-European or at least cross-border (a minimum of five Member States) geographical coverage. The view and download services will have to be made available through the European Data Portal and documented through metadata in the appropriate harvested catalogues. They will provide value-added information to support specific application areas in priority EU policies, e.g. in the areas of energy, climate, protection of the environment, sustainable use of natural resources, emergency/disaster management. Proposals should demonstrate the policy-relevance and include a plan for long-term sustainability of the created services. They should also document barriers encountered during the creation of the services and make recommendations for tools, functionalities or good practices that could facilitate the creation of such services on a larger scale or for other application areas.
    • [Action] All to promote this call in their countries and relevant thematic communities.
  • Reminder for INSPIRE COnference 2018. Deadline for submissions is 15 March 2018.

 

 

INSPIRE-MMTIS_MIG-T_47.pdf (800 KB) Michael Lutz, 01 Mar 2018 09:16 am

20180411-12_MIG-T_meeting_Ispra-draft_agenda.docx (409 KB) Michael Lutz, 04 Mar 2018 02:26 pm