49th meeting of the MIG permanent technical sub-group (MIG-T)¶
- 49th meeting of the MIG permanent technical sub-group (MIG-T)
- Draft Agenda
- Draft Minutes
- Welcome and approval of the agenda
- Minutes of the previous meetings
- MIWP actions status reports
- 2016.2/2018.1: Monitoring and reporting 2019
- 2016.4: Theme-specific issues
- 2016.5: List of priority data sets
- 2017.1: Master guidance
- 2017.2: Alternative encodings
- 2017.3: Improved client support for INSPIRE data
- 2017.4: Validation and conformity testing
- Registers and registries
- Change proposals for IRs on data interoperability
- Summary SDW discussions & follow-up actions
- TG change proposals (corrigenda) by 2017.4 subgroup
- News from standardisation bodies
Thursday, 24th of May 2018, 10:00-11:30 CEST
- Meeting number / access code: 843 907 895
- Web access
- Video address: Dial email@example.com
- Audio connection: Global call-in numbers
[10:00-10:05] Welcome and approval of the agenda
[10:05-10:10] Minutes of the previous meetings (for discussion and agreement)
[10:10-10:30] MIWP actions status reports
- MIWP actions status reports: MIWP 2016-2020
[10:30-10:45] Summary SDW discussions & follow-up actions
[10:45-11:05] TG change proposals (corrigenda) by 2017.4 sub-group
- Proposed corrigenda: https://ies-svn.jrc.ec.europa.eu/projects/mig/issues?query_id=30
[11:05-11:15] News from standardisation bodies
- 2018 CEF - Telecom call on Public open data
- INSPIRE Conference
- Status and preliminary results of the 2018 monitoring exercise
- Status of the MMITS - INSPIRE project (ITS Directive)
- Migration of MIG collaboration space
The minutes summarise the main conclusions and actions from the meeting. Actions are indicated in the minutes using the keyword [Action] and are tracked in the issue tracker.
Alex Ramage, Jason King, Tim Duffy (UK), Arvid Lillethun, Morten Borrebaek (NO), Anders Rydén, Christina Wasström (SE), Carlo Cipolloni (IT), Lenka Rejentova (CZ), Danilo Furtado (PT), Heidi Vanparys, Lars Erik Storgaard (DK), Marcin Grudzień (PL), Marie Lambois (FR), Mari Laakso, Jari Reini (FI), María Soledad Gómez Andrés (SE), Markus Seifert, Nicolas Hagemann (DE), Nathalie Delattre, Ouns Kissiyar (BE), Rene Agius (MT), Ine de Visser, Wideke Boersma (NL), Tomislav Ciceli (HR), Darja Lihteneger (EEA), Michael Lutz, Robert Tomas, Vlado Cetl (JRC)
Welcome and approval of the agenda¶
The agenda was approved as proposed.
Minutes of the previous meetings¶
The minutes of the 48th MIG-T meeting were endorsed without changes.
MIWP actions status reports¶
2016.2/2018.1: Monitoring and reporting 2019¶
- New action fiche has been drafted. It is expected that the subgroup will be reactivated after MIG meetinh in June.
2016.4: Theme-specific issues¶
- Work in progress on restructuring and re-classification of TC platform.
- Contracts with facilitators will end soon. JRC started discussion with DG ENV regarding renewal of contracts for facilitators for next 2 years.
2016.5: List of priority data sets¶
- Guidance and FAQ documents sent to help MS with tagging. Also issue tracking system in the Wiki of subgroup.
- Current status is not as expected. Many countries still do not provide any dataset from priority dataset list. All MS are reminded about the possibility to discuss technical issues in the geoportal helpdesk.
- Specific reasons for slow progress and national action plans should be communicated to DG ENV and discussed at the up-coming MIG meeting.
2017.1: Master guidance¶
- Work is ongoing. Draft document to be ready in September and final to be presented to MIG in December.
2017.2: Alternative encodings¶
- Call for participation in subgroup sent on 23/05: #3266
- The kick-off meeting will take place towards the end of June
- First focus will be on GeoJSON as agreed during 48th MIG-T meeting
- [Action] All to spread information regarding call and nominate experts
2017.3: Improved client support for INSPIRE data¶
- Questionnaire (https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/usabilityINSPIRE) launched and promoted through LinkedIn and INSPIRE KB. So far only few replies. It is also important to collect relevant datasets.
- [Action] All to spread information regarding the survey
2017.4: Validation and conformity testing¶
- Work in progress
- The resolution of some validation issues has led to proposals to update TG documents (see below).
Registers and registries¶
- The planned workshop on the Re3gistry v2.0 and the sustainability of the software has been postponed to 5-6 September.
Change proposals for IRs on data interoperability¶
- JRC will update document accoridng to recent discussion with DG ENV and DG ESTAT
Summary SDW discussions & follow-up actions¶
- Work in progress. Further work will depend on willingness of interested participants.
- Michael Lutz drafted and presented short paper with summary of proposed ad-hoc actions:
- Form an ad-hoc group of MIG-T members to prepare a guidance document on how data sets and services are being linked in current ISO MD and how links are created in the INSPIRE geoportal. [DK, FR, DE, BE, PL]
- Form an ad-hoc group of MIG-T members to draft a proposal to amend the use of the resource locator metadata element in the Metadata IR for discussion by the MIG in June. [NL, CZ, FR, DE]
- Form an ad-hoc group of MIG-T members that will monitor progress of WFS 3.0 standardisation and implementation. The group will report regularly back to MIG-T and will make recommendations for discussion with the MIG on concrete follow-up actions to be included in the MIWP, e.g. a coordinated testbed or the creation of new TGs based on WFS 3.0. [FI, UK, DE]
- Form an ad-hoc group of MIG-T members that will draft a good practices paper on making data discoverable through mainstream search engines. This work could potentially be supported by a contractor. [PL, IT]
- Investigate and document current practices in MS and compare/categorize them. [BE, FI, IT, DK]
- Several countries expressed willingness to work on particular actions (see in parentheses above).
TG change proposals (corrigenda) by 2017.4 subgroup¶
- Change proposal for requirements (4 isssues) in issue tracker
- [Action] all to take a look on it and provide feedback. If no major comments, new version of TG will be prepared and published.
News from standardisation bodies¶
- ISO/TC211, OGC and W3C to share news on MIG meeting in June.
- ISO/TC211 will have meeting next week.
- GeoDCAT as a good practice for INSPIRE will be presented on webinar (planned for 6 June, 14:00-15:00 CEST). The webinar will be open to the public.
- 2018CEF - Telecom call on Public open data. Objective 2 (building cross-border datasets) interesting for INSPIRE - budget: 1.5M EUR. Recordings from info day 17 May available. Interested parties should start building consortia now (min. requirement: partners from 5 MS)
- INSPIRE Conference. Process of selecting proposed contributions will be finished next week. Draft programme is expected mid June.
- Status and preliminary results of the 2018 monitoring exercise. 4 countries are still missing inputs (BG, CZ, EL and CH). Overall there is an increasing number of datasets and services. JRC is working on detection of discrepancies between monitoring data and INSPIRE geoportal.
- Status of the MMITS - INSPIRE project (ITS Directive). Focus is on data models. Suggestions to use INSPIRE experience on services and metadata has been provided to support setting up of National Access Points. Thematic session will be organised during INSPIRE Conference.
- Migration of MIG collaboration space. Under preparation. New system will be based on Confluence (EC system) allowing more functionality for users. Relevant content from Wiki will be mmigrated to new space.
- Next MIG-T meeting planned for 28 June