MIWP-5 meeting 11 - ETS Demo webinar

Thursday, 3 November 2016, 10:30-12:00 CEST

Connection details

Recording: AdobeConnect player

Agenda

[10:30-11:00] Demo of the current development version of ETS (Jon Herrmann)

[11:00-11:15] Summary of the development status and plans

[11:15-11:45] Discussion on the following start issues:

  • Testing by MIWP-5 sub-group members
  • ATS status for metadata and network services (any open issues identified by MIWP-5 subgroup or the Are3na project)
  • ATS on data specifications (MIWP-5 comments on Hydrography / Protected Sites ATS)
  • Should the ETS repository be moved to the inspire-eu-validation organisation?

[11:45-12:00] AoB and Action plan

Participants

Carlo Cipolloni (IT), Thijs Brentjens (NL), Stefania Morrone (IT), Alejandra Sanchez (ES), Giacomo Martirano (IT), Clemens Portele, Jon Herrmann (ii), Ouns Kissiyar (Be), Marie Lambois (FR), Sven Böhme (DE), Direção-Geral do Território (PT), Marcin Grudzień (PL), Jens Scheerlinck (PwC), Michael Lutz, Robert Tomas, Vlado Cetl (JRC), Susanne Wigard (DIGIT), Peter Parslow (UK), Raivo Alla (EE)

Minutes

The minutes are based on the notes taken in the web-conference chat window by the scribe as well as comments made by participants in the chat. Where “+1” is used in the minutes, this is to indicate support for the position of the previous speaker.

Actions are indicated in the minutes using the keyword [Action].

Demo of the current development version of ETS

Jon Herrmann (ii) demoed the current development release of the INSPIRE validator, focusing on the tests for Annex I data specifications.

Discussion:

  • The links from the ETS and ATS developed by ii/PwC to the current ATS structure in the DS documents are documented in the ATS. [Action] ii/Pwc to also be included in the ETS reports.

Summary of the development status and plans

Discussion on the following open issues

  • Testing by MIWP-5 sub-group members
    • The following participants indicated an interest to test the Test framework and ETS: Thijs Brentjens (NL), Peter Parslow (UK, metadata, and HY network data), Marcin Grudzień (PL), Marie Lambois (FR, we will set up a group in France to do the testings to have a large amount of materials and I will be the one to gather the results of the tests), Stefania Morrone (Epsilon Italia), Sven Böhme (DE, metadata and services), Raivo Alla (EE, also interested to test protected services)
    • [Action] All interested testers should send an e-mail to are3na@jrc.ec.europa.eu to receive the username and password for the test instance.
    • Issues should be reported on Github, at
    • ETS issues that have an impact on ATSs will be reported in ATS repository by ii/PwC (see below)
  • ATS status for metadata and network services (any open issues identified by MIWP-5 subgroup or the Are3na project)
    • Issues with ATS that were discovered during the ETS implementation are documented in a separate ATS branch (e.g. https://github.com/inspire-eu-validation/metadata/tree/ets-feedback for metadata). This is the branch that is consistent with ETS implementation (not the master branch). Issues are reported in Notes (except for editorial or trivial errors, which are corrected directly in the tests).
    • [Action] ​The proposed changes need to be reviewed and endorsed by MIWP-5, so that the master branch can be updated accordingly.
      • Volunteers: Peter Parslow. Other volunteers to contact Carlo and Michael.
    • A short web meeting will be set up with all volunteers to discuss how to proceed with the review.
    • JRC will investigate how to create an ATS for the new MD TG version.
  • ATS on data specifications (MIWP-5 comments on Hydrography / Protected Sites ATS)
    • [Action] MIWP-5 to review proposed structure for DS ATS and report any critical issues. This should be done as soon as possible, since it may impact on ATSs for all data themes.
      • Volunteers: Giacomo, Stefania. Other volunteers to contact Carlo and Michael.
    • ATSs for Annex II+III themes will be developed once the overall structure and approach has been confirmed and the Annex I ATSs/ETSs have been tested.
  • It was agreed to move the ETS repository to the inspire-eu-validation organisation. [Action] ii to move the repositories.

AOB and Action plan

  • Contribution to ETS repository welcome. A manual for ETS developers is available at https://github.com/inspire-eu-validation/ets-repository/wiki.
  • Another demo could be organised in early 2017 to introduce the additional features in the next release (if required)
  • It should be discussed in spring 2017 which missing parts can be developed using MS resources, and which missing parts need to be procured by EC (and the roadmap for further developments)