Status update on the ATS drafting contract (Ilkka Rinne)¶
Ilkka Rinne has been working under JRC contract to harmonize and complement the Abstract Test Suite drafting tasks started in December 2014 as a volutary group effort. The deliverables were agreed to be the updated ATS repositories in Github in "ready for review" status at https://github.com/inspire-eu-validation/.
The following task were included in the contract:
- Completing ATS tests for Metadata (3 rules missing)
- Completing ATS tests for WMS (46 rules missing)
- Completing the ATS for Atom conformance class for the predefined dataset Download Service (4 rules missing)
- Add the ATS for the WMTS profile of View Service (6 rules missing)
- Writing the ATS for the WFS conformance class of the predefined dataset Download Service (2 rules missing, 11 rules in draft stage)
- Writing ATS for the WFS conformance class of the direct access Download Service (all 8 rules missing)
- Writing ATS for invocable SDS, including the current proposal of MIWP-8 for MD on SDS category and quality of service (all 18 rules missing + rules for SDS category and QoS)
- Writing ATS for MD for interoperability (all rules ready, just harmonisation)
- Converting the ATS for the INSPIRE Discovery Service Technical Guidance based on the Czech into to the current GitHub format (14 rules already drafted, conversion and harmonisation included)
The work started on 30th July 2015 and is estimated to be finished by 25th October 2015.
Task status (16th Ocbober)¶
Majority of the work is done and committed to the Github. The detailed list be repository is given below.
2 missing tests added, small fixes in the existing tests. Missing TG Requirement coverage table and the Test list content harmonisation. Other the ATSes in ready-for-review state.
Major harmonization done for the tests, and added all the missing tests. The most of the existing tests created by the workgroup in as-is state, thus the detail level of the test descriptions may vary. In ready-for-review what comes to the the new tests.
Added missing tests, and harmonised the existing ones. Ready-for-review.
Added missing tests for layer style, legend and the use of language parameter for GetTile operation. Ready-for-review.
Added missing tests. A little fine-tuning still necessary, almost all the the test are in ready-for-review status.
No INSPIRE specific tests were required in addition to the ones already in ats-download-predefined-wfs. Added references to the OGC ATS tests for the included WFS conformance classes.
The tests for "invocable" conformance class of the INSPIRE Spatial Data Services (SDS) TG requirements. THE MIWP-8 propsed changes taken into account as an alternative tests set. Ready-for-review.
The tests for "interoperable" conformance class of the INSPIRE Spatial Data Services (SDS) TG requirements. THE MIWP-8 propsed changes taken into account as an alternative tests set. Ready-for-review.
The tests for "harmonised" conformance class of the INSPIRE Spatial Data Services (SDS) TG requirements. THE MIWP-8 propsed changes taken into account as an alternative tests set. Ready-for-review.
Some harmonisation still needed, like adding the TG Requirement coverage table. The tests mostly as-is, but marked as ready-for-review by Paul
Copying the the test content from the proposal document of Tomáš Rezník in progress. The TG Requirement table done as well as the list of tests.
There is about 2 working days worth of work left in the contract. This will be used for finalising the ats-discovery, ats-interoperability-metadata, and ats-metadata.
Several open questions for implementation of the ATS tests and their relation to the TG and IR documents have been found during the drafting work. They have been collected to in the README.md documents in each ATS repository under "Open questions"" section.